Falling Skies

TNT Orders More Falling Skies

The sci-fi drama has been renewed for a second season.

July 7, 2011

TNT has renewed freshman series Falling Skies after airing just three episodes of the alien invasion drama. Like Season One, 10 new episodes have been ordered - which will air in the Summer of 2012.

"Falling Skies is a true standout series, from its ambitious storytelling, high-profile cast and production team to its phenomenal success when it comes to international and time-shifted viewing," said network head of programming, Michael Wright. "We're reaching new audiences with Falling Skies and look forward to seeing where this fascinating and exciting series takes us next."

Falling Skies has found early success since premiering last month, with its first episode earning an impressive 8 million viewers (Live + 7 data) and being ranked as cable's top series launch of 2011. Executive produced by Steven Spielberg, the show follows a group of survivors in the aftermath of an alien attack that has left most of the earth incapacitated.

cindy savard
Posted 05/11/13 at 17:27:01

This is my favorite show,can not wait for it to come back!
les
Posted 04/17/13 at 20:45:34

Did not watch this show at first but a friend said I should. I did and i now have not missed an episode and even got the family weatching it as well. Great team of writers and actors to carry out the drama and directors to have everything flow so uniformly.

THANKS, lead the way second MASS.............
juanita boles
Posted 11/25/12 at 22:21:35

please dont our show off our family is so glad to hear that the show is renew .keep them coming. Nita
tracy
Posted 09/11/12 at 00:35:19

My husband and I LOVE Falling Skies and hope it has/will be renewed and it appears that it has.??? 2012-2013?? We LOVE it. Come through for us please!!! Best Wishes!
Cece
Posted 09/06/12 at 09:04:44

Love this show, don't cancel it!
Jennifer
Posted 07/11/12 at 05:56:01

Totally love the new season. Makes me laugh and cry. I get to spend quality time with my boyfriend each week.
Roderick Gouin
Posted 07/07/12 at 19:32:35

A family show of what could very well be our near future in changing events. No violence against humans is a relief.
This could be part of the Governments disclosure process to awaken the many, that we are in fact not alone. Don't think we are the only sentient life forms in just our galaxy alone. It is an arrogant thought to believe that. I find this informative and very cerebral entertainment.
Chris
Posted 07/05/12 at 17:41:57

I would never make fun of the people that like this show as we all have different tastes in entertainment. This horrible show however does not get to enjoy such immunity. I had such high hopes but the connection was never made. Back to sttng and voyager reruns...
julia cole
Posted 06/22/12 at 10:48:10

I wasn't sure I liked it but when the new season premiered I was stunned by what I saw maybe it was always there but now I really like it. I should have known that s.s. would not let his fans down. I am a star trek fan, Steven S. always reminds of someone else [Great bird of the Galaxy]. I think to compare him to Roddenberry is a great compliment!
Marie
Posted 05/14/12 at 12:53:45

We LOVE this show!! Keep it coming!!!!