New Girl

Fox Renews New Girl

The new comedy will return for a second season.

April 9, 2012

Fox has announced that freshman comedy New Girl has been renewed for Season 2. The series got off to a strong start when it premiered last September, earning an impressive 4.8 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic for its first episode. It has, however, steadily fallen over the course of the season, down to a series low 2.3 for its most recent airing on April 3.

Overall though, New Girl still holds the distinction of being the Number 2 new scripted series in the aforementioned demo, and the Number 1 series among Adults 18-34.

courtney
Posted 05/31/12 at 21:11:13

My husband and I both LOVE this show, I am 28, he is 31. We look forward to it every week. and we love the other characters. so happy it's renewed.
BB
Posted 05/19/12 at 17:55:54

I must admit, the reason i got into the show was Zooey. She has a great look (must be the hair) and i love the quirkiness...But just a fair warning to the writers, it seems like a Nick/Jess hookup is inevitable...that would ruin the show.
Tyler
Posted 05/14/12 at 09:03:11

Sweet. I actually really enjoyed this show. Glad it got renewed.
David
Posted 05/11/12 at 01:52:08

If there were two shows I hoped did not get renewed, New Girl and 2 Broke Girls were it. Suffice to say I'm disappointed both got renewed.
Emma
Posted 04/30/12 at 02:01:08

I really like new girl, it's not for everyone i think that some of the episodes aren't as good as they could be but then again there are lots of good episodes
Al
Posted 04/18/12 at 05:25:08

This show puzzles me. I liked it in the beginning, then it got a bit boring, and suddenly picked up. Now it seems to be going downhill again, especially the last two weeks. They do seem to be keying on the other characters now instead of the lead actress. Just seems like the writing the past two episodes is not up to par. Just my opinion.
JD
Posted 04/17/12 at 20:12:24

If it really was 5:1 male:female on the writing staff... rest assured that Zooey would get a lot more attention.

I'm not a dropout. My wife and I both love this show. Male characters and all.
DJ in Santa Fe
Posted 04/14/12 at 08:20:53

I'm one of the New Girl dropouts... For a show titled "New Girl", it spends way too much time on the other (male) characters, instead of on the considerable and quirky talents of Deschanel. Fox is wasting an opportunity. I'm guessing the writing room has a ratio of five men to every woman.