The Mentalist

The Mentalist Renewed For Season 6

The drama will return for the 2013-2014 season.

March 27, 2013

CBS announced today that The Mentalist has been renewed for a sixth season. While the popular drama's ratings have slipped in recent years, it continues to draw stable viewership for the network.

Today's announcement by CBS included renewals of a large portion of their primetime line-up for the 2013-2014 season. Other dramas receiving pick-ups today include The Good Wife, Elementary, Person of Interest, and NCIS: Los Angeles. Notables still awaiting news include CSI:NY, Vegas, and Criminal Minds.

UPDATE: Season 6 of The Mentalist premieres on Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 10:00pm.

Robert Schaffer
Posted 06/04/14 at 01:23:21

I really like the show and the cast that would make them so interesting to watch but what I don't understand is why the CBS Honcas make stupid mistake by moving the night and time slot to Sunday during the football season? I like it better if they left it alone in the Thursday Night time Slot so that won't interupping the taping session. What a bunch of lamebrains! I think they're trying to kill the Mentalist series by putting it in the Sunday time. Please don't kill the series and put it back to where it does belong. Remember, If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it.
Michael Udell
Posted 04/05/14 at 08:57:19

The problem with the mentalist is that channel 4 always has idiotic sports programs that seem to run over sometimes by an hour and then their other programs are thrown into a chaotic time limbo that makes it impossible to record. This has been happening for a long time and then the powers that be wonder why they are loseing ratings. Well duh. Get rid of some of your dumb stuff like survivor and put your good shoes in another time slot on a different day.
Carol S
Posted 03/16/14 at 21:09:53

Just change the day, half the time you never know when it is on so really the network should catch a clue, plus everyone misses the old cast.. I love this show there are plenty of other worst shows to cancel!
Mary Bolger
Posted 03/15/14 at 19:07:42

I can't understand how CBS could cancel the mentalists. It is a great series, the cast is good. Maybe if they change the premise of the show and put it back on Thursday or another weekday instead of a Sunday night when there is football on? I can think of plenty of other shows that should be cancelled like law and order svu enough already.
Ann Koenig
Posted 03/14/14 at 11:15:51

Please do NOT cancel The Mentalist! Have been watching it for years and love it.
gini
Posted 03/02/14 at 20:41:30

Why can't I find the mentalist on Sundays at 9pm I thought it was renewed
GREG
Posted 01/29/14 at 16:06:31

I LIKED THE SHOW. TOO BAD THE WRITING GOT TO BE SOOOOOOO
LACKING IN THIS LAST SEASON.
Cesar
Posted 01/11/14 at 13:03:53

Unfortunately The Mentalist superb series will be discontinued by mid year. You can see the show is doomed. The absence of some ot the cast adds to the uncertainty with which the show producers approach new series making. The plot is most of the time strong. The main characters will keep the show going but it is obvious that it is not what it used to be. I am thankful that a quality program such as this has managed to keep our eager attention for 6 years. I can only hope that the show's producers will show common sense when ending it all. Good luck to the whole wonderful cast. Cheers
Bob
Posted 12/28/13 at 05:25:08

I just love the Mentalist so keep it coming. I got to know Robin from Prision Break, she was great in that,she is a natural. I also was a very big fan of Burn Notice a other great show. I am retired, hurt in Nam, so T.V. is what I do best. Thanks for making a wonded Vet happy with the Mentalist, I know Burn Notice wasen't your shoe so maybe you could strt the Return of the Burn, Idea???
Bonnie Crisler
Posted 12/16/13 at 13:32:11

The Mentalist is the tv show I look forward to every week. Please put it in another time slot. I'm a 80 year old great grandma that watches a lot of tv and the Mentatist is my favorite, Love the whole cast.