Longmire

Cancelled

Longmire Renewed For Season 3

The A&E drama will return in 2014.

August 29, 2013

A&E has renewed Longmire for a third season. Co-creator/executive producer took to Twitter earlier to give fans the good news:

"Thanks to the 5 million plus weekly fans (live+7). Young and older skewing alike! The call just came: SEASON 3 for #Longmire is a GO!"

The crime drama recently wrapped a second season that saw it continue to pull in impressive ratings with each episode.

UPDATE: Season 3 of Longmire premieres on June 2, 2014.

Related News:

Barb
Posted 10/26/14 at 12:11:01

How sad I Am that Longmire was cancelled. Now will have to look for something else that is good to watch. Not much out there. Only other good shows are Major Crimes and NCIS. A and E really is a sad station. Bad management.
Ricky
Posted 10/06/14 at 17:15:58

Best show I've seen in a long time. It was devastating to learn it was cancelled. Who's the bone-head making these decisions.Now I have nothing to watch again. I'll try Netflix.
FRANK FOWLER
Posted 10/01/14 at 23:01:30

A&E needs to reconsider bringing back Longmire tv series back,it was one of the best shows on tv with this type of decisions A&E needs to be cancelled.
Pat smith
Posted 09/21/14 at 11:27:39

I looked forward to watching this program, and now you take it away. Just one more station I will not be watching. There is so much mind-numbing junk on TV now that long mire was like a cool breeze on a hot day . It is a shame that you are not bringing it back. If there is any way to reconsider, please do. LONGMIRE FOREVER!
Carol
Posted 09/15/14 at 15:04:24

Please reconsider your decision .... Longmire was a quality show....great cast & great story...can't get any better then that.
ajumpingbear
Posted 09/15/14 at 10:26:09

So annoyed that for once quality tv has been cancelled for worthless so-called other tv programs. As a nielson member I am upset about this. Shame on A&E.
Toni
Posted 09/14/14 at 10:28:38

As folks who live in the state of Wyoming we were very disappointed to learn that A&E had stupidly decided to cancel one of the best shows on television. So tired of the ignorant TV shows on the air that are dubbed as "reality". This was a well written, interesting show that I know had people from all over the country that loved it. Shame on you A&E for cancelling this. I hope some other intelligent network or streaming service picks this up. it would teach you a valuable lesson.
Daccon
Posted 09/11/14 at 00:05:49

It's simple math- the show was awesome to anyone with an education level above 6th grade. It took actual thought to follow the show and therefore, despite great ratings and reviews, A&E cancels it.
It truly amazes me that a station with as many flops as A&E would cancel any show with more then 12 viewers. Thank God A&E is owned by a huge corporation or a whole bunch of people would be unemployed. The management at A&E seriously needs to be replaced. I think they could bring in chimps that would do a better job.
The management can't even keep their word when the "fire" people for racial insults (I'm sure we all remember how Dog feels about blacks" how about just this year when they fired the father of Duck Dynasty for his comments against Gays. Wow, not even a season passed since they fired him and he was right back on the series opener.
I'm not sure who is in charge of this network but my guess is that it is someone the parent company wanted to fire but couldn't due to a contract so they moved him/ her to a station that only survives because of idiotic scripted "reality TV". Hell, they can't even classify their own shows properly so how can we expect them to keep an awesome series like Longmire. I hope that the scripting company that owns Longmire finds a new home for the show and it's ratings go through the roof. On a real channel I think that show would easily be the top series.
It's Amazing that at some point Hearst and Disney don't step in and say enough. Apparently Disney and Hearst are fine with their stars being complete Bigots. That really surprises me that Disney is OK with the way A&E is ran.
Judi
Posted 09/10/14 at 12:12:53

Big Mistake!!! Finally a well-written, well-acted, intelligent series, that doesn't rely on excessive sex, car crashes or violence and OF COURSE the media gurus cancel it!! It's no wonder that Netflix and HBO are taking such market share. Shame on A&E. You got that that one wrong big time!!!!
carlton
Posted 09/10/14 at 11:17:08

my wife and I are very upset with A&E! why would you cancel such an awesome and action pack show! This spells cliff-hanger from beginning to end! With so many plots and twists and turn ,you virtually are glued to your seat each and every week! please let some station pick up this great show!I love good westerns and action and this had a sense and feel of both! sincerely a very unhappy fan!