Army Wives

Cancelled

Lifetime Cancels Army Wives

The drama ends after seven seasons.

September 24, 2013

Lifetime announced today that Army Wives will not be returning. The drama, which is the network's longest-running series, ends after seven seasons and 117 episodes.

In a press release, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Lifetime, Rob Sharenow said:

“There is no denying how special Army Wives has been to both Lifetime and the television landscape. By taking on a very relevant and timely issue, it has brilliantly captured the challenges our military families endure and the bravery they and their loved ones display while serving our country. It has been an honor to be the home of Army Wives. We also want to thank Army Wives’ passionate legion of fans and everyone involved with the series: ABC Studios, Mark Gordon and Jeff Melvoin, Tanya Biank, every single cast member, as well as the crew and community of Charleston, South Carolina. Without their dedication, effort and loyalty, Army Wives’ seven wonderful seasons would not have been possible; and for that we are very grateful.”

To honor the show and say farewell, a 2-hour retrospective special featuring the show's cast is being planned for early 2014.

Joseph F. Tucciarone
Posted 03/17/14 at 01:29:37

It is so sad that you decided to cancel the show. I know if you started it up again, it would be a hit, and there are so many more stories to tell. The army goes on, why can't Army Wives?
Natalie
Posted 03/14/14 at 22:03:13

This is a sad announcement. I really enjoyed watching army wives, I hate to see a cancellation of that show. Please reconsider another season.
Linda Fulcrod
Posted 03/04/14 at 19:18:00

Army wives is one of the best shows on tv. My husband wanted to do away with the Lifetime channel and I would not hear of it, simply because I was waiting for the new season of Army Wives. I think you have made a huge mistake by canceling such a great show.
Gloria Beckwith
Posted 12/20/13 at 17:31:48

i will miss this show guess thats only leaves me witches of eastend
Mary
Posted 12/01/13 at 09:30:00

I can not believe you are to cancel the best show on TV. I am so disappointed to hear this bad news. Can you reconsider.
Zina Smitj
Posted 11/19/13 at 18:14:16

I have watched all seasons . Army Wives gave me insights on what real life battle our soldiers face. Claudia Joy and the others ladies were very supportive and always supported each other in all their problems . I will missed this show I hope you will reconsider ..
Thanks..
Barbara Gowins
Posted 11/03/13 at 12:20:00

Army Wives apparently has been cancelled...but a two-hour special will be aired early 2014...that sucks...
barbie
Posted 10/14/13 at 10:46:21

It breaks my heart I loved this show. Too many other shows
are not so good like that Witch show that is on after Diva
it show be Army Wives instead of that nutty show of Witches. Sometimes I just cannot figure it out. I am sad..
miki lane
Posted 10/13/13 at 19:58:54

I think Army Wives should have come back for its final season. This show had talent.....emotion....guts.....glory...... and it had family......their struggles....and challenges......they leave garbage on the air and take off solid shows like this one. I looked forward to the return of Army Wives.
Darla
Posted 09/29/13 at 22:23:46

Please don't cancel army wives. Why leave all the fans in suspense and it's show has voted army wives is # 1. Please don't cancel it.