Survivor

Survivor Renewed Through 2015

The reality series will return for seasons 29 and 30.

December 12, 2013

CBS announced today that Survivor has been renewed for 29th and 30th seasons, which will air during the 2014-2015 season. Jeff Probst, who has been with the reality series since the beginning, has also signed a new agreement to return as host and executive producer.

On the air since 2000, Survivor is the longest-running reality show on television. After almost 14 years, it still draws impressive ratings and currently ranks as broadcast TV's #2 reality series in the 18-49 demographic.

"We are thrilled to announce this landmark renewal for SURVIVOR, a groundbreaking show that changed the TV landscape and helped usher in a new era of ratings dominance for the Network," said Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment.  "SURVIVOR continues to set the bar for outstanding production values, compelling storytelling while delivering fresh new adventures every season.  The show’s enduring success is a testament to the creativity and passion of Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst, and an amazing production team. We're proud to continue this incredible journey together."

The finale of Survivor's current season - Blood vs. Water - airs this Sunday, December 15 starting at 8:00pm ET/PT.

(Source: CBS)

floyd moon
Posted 05/28/14 at 21:14:44

i love this show hope it stays on for many more years
Tye
Posted 12/22/13 at 20:02:06

They should just make the season aliitle longer and air it once a year please CBS bc im getting kinda tired of it airng back to back bact to back i would love it if it wasnt for that
Tye
Posted 12/22/13 at 19:57:17

They Should air it once a year
Robert
Posted 12/20/13 at 10:31:10

Is anyone still watching this show? I gave up after the idiotic season where they swapped players on teams because it was obvious who was going to get kicked out.
JDintheOc
Posted 12/17/13 at 11:23:44

Renewed? Why?
Robyn
Posted 12/16/13 at 20:28:48

To each their own.. you probably watch TV that not every one likes.. Just because you don't enjoy it.. they're people that do, hence why it keeps getting renewed..
Rob
Posted 12/16/13 at 06:34:51

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy???????????? I personally don't know anyone who still watches this stupid show. I will admit I liked the first couple seasons but it got OLD real quick. However you are measuring the ratings, it has to be flawed! Please take this scripted garbage off the air at the end of this contract or sooner, if possible! I am in the 18-49 demo and I hate it as do most of my friends if I were to guess. If you are going to keep it, at least make it so it's true survival, kind of like the first season, but they would need to fend for themselves in every way, no assists, then people would drop out due to fatigue, malnuourishment, etc, not being voted out. Ugh!
Lordslog
Posted 12/15/13 at 01:18:07

These "reality" shows are the worst thing to happen to tv, ever. They take the spot of good tv shows that the majority of "us" the audience like to watch. I do not know a single person who would actually own up to liking this type of garbage.
Scott
Posted 12/13/13 at 07:38:51

I agree with you Drake! I hate it when they bring back previous contestants. I especially hate it when they bring back all new contestants and one previous contestant.
Drake
Posted 12/12/13 at 19:34:19

It's fine I watch the show but i'm getting tired of seeing returning castaways. Stick to all new people and get rid of the hidden immunity idols. Back to basics! It's hard to keep a show fresh after so many seasons.