16 and Pregnant

On Air:
Network: MTV

A reality series documenting the hardships of teenage pregnancy.

"16 and Pregnant" follows stories of various pregnant teenage girls who must deal with their life-changing experience while still attending high school.

A different girl is featured in each episode, which begins a few months into their pregnancy and covers a timeline through until a few months after their baby is born.

The show has spawned spin-off series' Teen Mom and Teen Mom 2.

Related News:

There is no related news for this show

Gabrielle
Posted 07/10/14 at 13:57:12

I don't understand why people are hating on the show. If you actually watch the show the point of the show is to show how hard it is to be a parent at a young age, not encourage teens to have kids or be sexually active.
yajaira
Posted 05/16/14 at 19:45:32

This show is just motivating teens to get pregnant . All these shows that involve the teen getting sexually active and pregnant should just be cut off the air. I am sick of teenagers acting like it's okay to get pregnant and come out in tv and magazines.
Joseph
Posted 11/15/13 at 21:18:49

This show is ******* stupid. All these shows that involve the teen ******* getting sexually active and pregnant should just be cut off the air. I am sick of teenagers acting like it's cool to be a slut. I went to high school with a girl who got pregnant and her first thing to do was to write Mtv a letter as to why she should be considered for the show. She got denied and got an abortion. These shows are the scum of the earth and shouldn't be allowed to air.
TVMonster
Posted 08/19/13 at 15:17:28

Why is THIS show still on??
Salvatore
Posted 05/14/13 at 23:11:08

This is stupid crap, stop putting this **** on TV!!!!
George
Posted 05/11/13 at 18:45:12

Why do you keep all of these dumb "reality" shows and dump your other programs? I guess the new "reality" is junk TV from all of the networks!
Scarlett
Posted 11/05/12 at 19:45:59

This show was created in order to show teens how hard it is to have a child and being a child. It shows situations from, adoption to having a baby. I don't agree with all the teenagers that have children, but I do agree with what the show was trying to do which was get down to the nitty gritty about the consequences of having sex and an unplanned pregnancy as a teenager. I am a sexually active teenager, and there is absolutely no way I would set out and try to have a baby. If I was to get pregnant, that would be my own mistake, and I would do what I thought was best. But somehow teenagers needed to learn what the reality of the situation is really like. Some of those girls losing their spots on the cheer leading squad, their senior years, the choice of playing a sport, or being able to just take care of themselves. I can understand how some people would think that these girls just went out and got pregnant, and some of them probably did, but speaking from a teenager's perspective who wants more from life and from myself, I have to much to lose. Just like these other girls do. In the back of every girl's mind, they know what kind of father their sexual partner will be like and if they choose to do it anyways, they are taking that risk that is hurting not only their futures, but also their child's. People do need to stress contraceptives and birth control more though.
Kevin O.
Posted 10/30/12 at 07:50:09

I can't believe 16 and Pregnant is on for many seasons. I wanna know who runs MTV. He/she should be fired. This show is basically telling kids to have kids. WAIT TIL YOUR MARRIED TO HAVE KIDS!!
Kat
Posted 07/25/12 at 12:47:18

Shows like this are still on the air, while decent shows (Terra Nova, The Finder, etc ((The fact that they're on another channel is irrelevant))) are being cancelled. And yet, they continue to air shows like "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" that they believe people will watch. /)_-
Sarah
Posted 07/15/12 at 23:41:33

This show should be cancelled!