D.C. is the first installment of the franchise to be canceled.
April 7, 2011
Bravo has cancelled The Real Housewives of D.C., making it the first installment of the Real Housewives franchise to fall.
Rumors had been swirling recently about the show's cancellation, with Radar Online first reporting the news on March 24. The story was quickly refuted, however, by a representative for the network, who told Aceshowbiz that no decision had been made about the future of the series.
Now it looks like the cancellation has finally been made official, with Half Yard Productions contacting the staff to let them know that the show will not be returning.
Bravo's executive vice president of original programming and development, Andy Cohen, said in a statement to the Washington Post, "We had an amazing season and we told stories that were unique to any other in the franchise. I wish all our DC Wives the best and hope to work with them again in another capacity."
(Source: The Washington Post)