The Michael J. Fox Show

Cancelled

NBC Cancels The Michael J. Fox Show

The comedy will not return after the Olympics.

February 5, 2014

It is being reported that NBC has cancelled The Michael J. Fox Show, removing the freshman comedy's remaining episodes from its schedule. The show premiered last fall with a straight-to-series order of 22 episodes - a full season's worth - but has only aired 15 of those to this point. It is unknown whether the remaining seven episodes will ever be released.

Today's cancellation comes one week after the network pulled the plug on Sean Saves the World, another freshman comedy that shared the 9:00pm comedy hour with The Michael J. Fox Show on Thursday nights. In the time slot, episodes of Hollywood Game Night will air beginning February 27.

(Source: The Hollywood Reporter)

Related News:

There is no related news for this show

Dan
Posted 03/09/14 at 08:35:09

MJF in all his glory couldn't pull this stinker out of the trash. Bad writing, bad characters, bad concept. Out of the gate MJF is not TV anchor material, never was or would have been believable in that role. They were taking a chance, but not a big one to leave him in a comedic role. A real step out would have been to cast him in a dramatic role - which I think he would have nailed!
vanessa
Posted 03/06/14 at 01:13:53

I liked the show. There were a lot of one liners that were great. I thought it was a fun, loving family show. I for one get sick and tired of shows where all you see are beautiful people, lots of boobs, sleeping around, etc. This shows will be greatly missed.
Penny C
Posted 02/21/14 at 13:34:09

Never made it past the 2nd episode, just not funny at all, and worse yet, not even interesting. No sense having a decent cast if without decent writers to put up some good material. And for someone who mentioned the Exes (which is also terrible), I am sure that is a much cheaper show and TVLand has a different measure of success than a major network.
tirebiter
Posted 02/17/14 at 05:21:09

Maybe not. Check out this link:
Chloe
Posted 02/16/14 at 23:48:35

It's not cancelled. It's coming back in April
Texzilla
Posted 02/16/14 at 17:51:09

We gave up on this after about five shows. It just wasn't funny. Most of the characters weren't likable. That usually makes for a cancellation.
Ginnie
Posted 02/13/14 at 08:43:53

I really liked it. Sorry to see it go
dds
Posted 02/12/14 at 15:02:36

it was really boring and i used to like him in the other
Mountain Beach
Posted 02/10/14 at 21:02:31

Mike just can't catch a break. They cancel a good show like this, but leave on the exes?!?! Wow
Debbie
Posted 02/10/14 at 18:02:50

I watched the show a couple of times but couldn't get into it. Not big on comedies but I used to watch Family ties all the time. I liked Mike in Good Wife a lot. it was a good part for him. I am sorry that the show got cancelled though. I think often times shows are cancelled before they are given a chance. It could be the time slot.