The Marriage Ref

Cancelled

NBC Cancels The Marriage Ref

The Seinfeld-produced reality show will not return for the 2012-2013 season.

May 15, 2012

NBC has cancelled The Marriage Ref after two seasons. The show, where a celebrity panel mediated an argument between real-life couples, aired a total of 22 episodes between 2010 and 2011.

The Marriage Ref was met with mixed reviews and modest ratings over the course of its run. After its first season NBC retooled the show, promising a 'new and improved' version for Season 2. Ratings, however, failed to improve the second time around.

Mary
Posted 03/24/14 at 12:57:57

PLEASE BRING BACK THE MARRIAGE REF, IT WAS TOO TOO FUNNY! I ESPECIALLY LIKED THE ONE WITH THE IGUANA WEARING OUTFITS APPROPRIATE FOR ANY GIVEN HOLIDAY AND ANSWERING YES TO ANY QUESTION!
Jennifer
Posted 09/26/12 at 07:41:15

NBC is a good network, but has por por taste on what they do with their show line ups. The MArriage Ref, The Sing Off. They are great shows. Now they are messing with the Voice till they ruin that too. They are going to screw around till they ruin it just like American Idol did. Something works, don't mess it us. You are working the show too much with back to back seasons. Now the judges need a break. It won't be the same without Blake, Adam, Ceilo, and Christina. Think about it people. Ask the veiwers before you ruin your whole network.
t
Posted 09/01/12 at 11:52:35

I LOVED THIS SHOW:(
Christy Lawin
Posted 08/16/12 at 21:24:59

I laughed so much when I watched this show! I loved it and wish it would come back on the air!
Lily
Posted 07/23/12 at 21:44:22

I loved the show. please bring it back
Pete
Posted 07/11/12 at 13:01:37

Pilot episode was the best, but than fizzled there after; I agree w/ KCB.
rick bunnell
Posted 07/06/12 at 16:31:30

Bring it back!
Jenn
Posted 07/02/12 at 23:52:43

This was an awesome show!!! It's really sad that crap tv won out over this... again. I think they should start it up again, if NBC doesn't want it, maybe some where else?.... :)
Lan
Posted 06/27/12 at 10:54:09

I was really looking forward to another season!
Joey
Posted 06/22/12 at 16:15:55

Well that sucks. Personally I liked season 1 and hoped for season 2. I don't think anything needed fixing just a little more advertising. Awe well what can you do.