Californication

Californication Renewed For Season 7

Showtime has picked up another season for 2014.

January 29, 2013

Showtime announced today that Californication has been renewed for a seventh season. The long-running dramedy has continued to perform strongly for the network since debuting in 2007, displaying an impressive year-to-year audience growth.

Production on the show's next season will begin later this year, with a return set for 2014. No exact date is known at this time.

Sue
Posted 04/09/14 at 19:39:45

I can't believe there are people out there that don't like this awesome series...and I can't believe it's ending, either! I think it's great writing and character development. I do think it is only fitting that Hank and Karen get back together because they are true soul mates--real love in life is chaotic. Sometimes it takes years to finally realize that you do belong to that other person in, mind, body and soul exclusively. However, you both have to find out for yourselves. After that, I think the show would have its true ending. Plus, why would you change their mannerisms or clothes? It's who they are as characters and what made the real viewers love them. It works on every dysfunctional level you can find...that's what makes this series so unique and fun to watch. David Duchovny is a great actor. It's ironic, actually, that the show has sex as one of its themes and he so happens to be a nymphomaniac in real life--his marriage to actress Tea Leoni failed after he started doing the show because of his sex addiction and he began sleeping with his costars. So in a way, he's a lot like his own character. Why can't we have great TV for once and keep it instead of being subjected to the same old crap---all the real s--- that needs to be flushed down the drain like lame ass reality TV, daytime talk shows, typical sitcoms/dramas, teeny bopper crap, formulaic CSI/Law & Order, and other predictable nonsense that's out there?? STOP cancelling good television! Some of us viewers actually like to watch something different for a change. Next thing you tell me is that the Walking Dead is going to end?!
Shell
Posted 11/15/13 at 02:05:56

I didn't even watch more than one ep. of last season, it's just become revolting. I don't care about any of the characters anymore, they have all become dumb morons who do nothing but try to outdo each other in being obnoxious. Boooooring. Kill off Hank in some kind of violent way at the start of the next season and the show would improve. Make the rest of the cast into zombies and bring in Walter White. It couldn't hurt.
jason
Posted 09/17/13 at 14:19:05

love the show, until the gay shit, and yes every season gets crappier, would be great if it had a total make over and kept the same main ppl, but actually had a show with meaning,and depth,i didnt know its been on since '07, now i can see why its lacking
hank needs to open his own business or something, hes a writer not a rock star,not a movie producer "on this show at least" love the beautiful women, i wouldnt try to see it if they were not on it, love the tits ,needs more excitement
Anders
Posted 05/06/13 at 23:45:01

Yeah it's true, but it's not only about Hank and Karen, remember the other stories (Marcy and Runkle). I think they have been doing a great job, yes the first seasons are always better than the last ones. But the last episode of season 6 is going for something ( the final season perhaps)
ebond
Posted 04/28/13 at 23:32:03

Waiting for new season,always looking for it..
The breakups are what make the show work,get over it y'all,its a fantastic show!
Brenda
Posted 04/20/13 at 18:54:42

I disagree, I love to see Karen and Hank get back together again, It gives hope to those that have that one great love in their life that maybe not all is lost and that they will find their way back to each other one day. But I do agree they need to find their way back and then make it work, and stop with breaking up, they belong together, put them together and go do the drama elsewhere, and please no more with that kid of theirs, that is the parts I can't stand of the show. I love the bartender in hell, would do him in a minute, and love Marcy and everything she does, glad they got rid of that weird bitch with the zapper, that was too fucked up, lets see some real scenery in LA and show the people who can't be there, what life in the big city is like. Maybe Hank stops being a bum and actually has some money from the books he writes and dresses up a bit. I bet he dresses up nice. That could be the new Karen and Hank, dress them up and make them look like they weren't just dragged out from under a rock somewhere. Then get some hotter guys for us girls to look at too, becuase so far the man candy kinda sucks. Just sayin.
marley bronson
Posted 04/16/13 at 08:30:25

i once gave head to a horse
mac
Posted 04/08/13 at 07:03:28

It becomes less interesting year by year.
Lola
Posted 04/08/13 at 03:07:51

Agreed show is definitely going down hill I was sucked in first three and slowly the last three seasons have been getting worse and worse.
SueBee
Posted 04/07/13 at 17:31:59

Joe you took the words right out of my mouth, the whole Hank and Karen story is very old....and very stale....I'd rather watch Runkle and Marcy then EVER have to see another Karen Hank scene it's severely played!!!!!! Their love story is NOT nor ever will be one of the great ones....totally old and it's starting to ruin the show....perhaps they need some fresh writing...