The Glades

Cancelled

The Glades Cancelled After Four Seasons

A&E will not be bringing back the cop drama.

August 30, 2013

A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons. The drama aired its now-series finale earlier this week, where it drew a season-high viewership of 3.4 million people.

The Glades ran for a total of 49 episodes since its premiere in the summer of 2010. It will be remembered as A&E's first original series that was picked up for more than one season.

(Source: The Hollywood Reporter)

T.
Posted 09/22/14 at 10:42:17

Finding out glades was cancelled, really irked me. A and E had a hit on there hands. We all know that ratings drop some, but to have a cliffhanger and no conclusion is just sadistic and evil. This just goes to show that A AND E so capitalistic they do not give a fig about the people;who of which made the show it's money,from the subliminal messages from commercials that made us purchase merchandise, and yet they could not have the decency to give the fans a terrific ending. A AND E Does not deserve loyal customers when they can't show loyalty to the fans.
Sandstone
Posted 07/08/14 at 07:06:59

A&E's canceling of The Glades 4 days after the cliffhanger episode of season 4 may be the shabbiest, unforgivable move EVER made by a network. I began my protest last night, didn't watch Longmire, and I won't watch A&E again.
A&E has dissed its fans and doesn't deserve their loyalty.
Sandy Sanders
Posted 06/14/14 at 14:33:52

Just found out the Glades will not be returning this year. Am disappointed and most of all, angered. As all the rest of the comments stated, leaving the viewing public, who really enjoyed the show, up in the air about what happened to Jim, is an unconscionable act by A&E and proves once again, that tv broadcasting networks care jacks**t about the viewing audience! Longmire is now the only show worth watching on this wretched network! A&E, you suck!!
Ryann
Posted 05/28/14 at 16:32:20

They apparently had a very high ratings why would they cancel a hit TV show bastards
Linda
Posted 05/25/14 at 17:21:28

I am so disappointed that you could end a series this way. I loved this show and was waiting with great anticipation as to how it would move on from the shooting. I get really tired of many series just ending flat out with no closure.
Susan
Posted 05/24/14 at 18:51:37

I will really miss The Glades. I loved how they would always work different Florida stories into each episode, like the "Carnies" of Gibsonton. If only Jim had dumped Kallie and just kept banging new chicks, the series would probably have been saved. So, I guess Jim just dies at the end and, adios The Glades. Too bad.
Drakar1066
Posted 05/19/14 at 12:02:11

I am flabbergasted that another TV Network had the unabashed gall to place a cliffhanger finale without the thought of consideration of its viewers to end a show properly. This half-assed way of dealing with the public has got to stop. They knew what they were doing and have angered, alienated and disenfranchised many of their watchers. I will watch Longmire but never again tune to A & E for any further shows. I encourage others to do the same.
Caroline
Posted 05/19/14 at 08:35:29

Due to so many reality shows (of which I only watch 2) my husband and I watch very little TV now. I really enjoyed watching The Glades and I am sad that it will no longer be on. You could have had a few more episodes for those of us that liked the show and no leave it the way you did.
cheryl ferguson
Posted 05/18/14 at 17:14:55

im really upset they just end a show dont say its thefinaly just shoot him thats it he was so hot that show was agreat show whats
Pam
Posted 05/13/14 at 10:47:16

It really bothers me how people just cancel shows with no feeling as to how the audience is going to react. You can't leave an episode like the last one and say that it was the last episode. If you are going to cancel a show at least have the balls to finish the show completely so no one is wondering what the hell is going to happen or if they are going to air at lease one more to finish the show. This has left many of the hardcore fans wondering. Its not fair and cruel to do something like this. Shameful!!