The Glades

Cancelled

The Glades Cancelled After Four Seasons

A&E will not be bringing back the cop drama.

August 30, 2013

A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons. The drama aired its now-series finale earlier this week, where it drew a season-high viewership of 3.4 million people.

The Glades ran for a total of 49 episodes since its premiere in the summer of 2010. It will be remembered as A&E's first original series that was picked up for more than one season.

(Source: The Hollywood Reporter)

daniel r
Posted 04/04/14 at 03:11:09

Hey everybody, I liked the glades a lot, and I am really upset they cancelled the show, period, let alone after a cliffhanger like jim getting shot, but I totally understand A&E's decision here. I mean that hour long spot the glades was taking up can now be filled with a quality new show, like a "Ice Road Storage Hoarding Truckers" or something along those lines (i honestly wouldnt be surprised if a&e already had that exact show)
AmberMC
Posted 03/18/14 at 01:29:59

Shocked and totally devastated that they won't be finishing The Glades.
At the time it was my favorite show on tv... I'm very mad that we won't get to know what happens to Jim! :-{
Rodney
Posted 03/12/14 at 14:17:57

Why is it if a show has viewers that not only have an IQ but understand what an IQ scale means you cancel that show to put on some mindless reality show?
LORRAINE
Posted 03/03/14 at 13:16:18

I AM TICKED THAT THEY CANCELLED THIS GREAT SHOW AND LEFT ALL THAT RED NECK TRASH ON. COME ON, GIVE US REGULAR PEOPLE A BREAK AND BRING GLADES BACK ON.
Kathy Jo
Posted 02/12/14 at 15:59:35

I agree with everyone else that you left us hanging!!! This was such a great show. This was one of those shows that I looked forward to every week and did not DVR it but watched it live! I realize that the network has to watch the $$$ but there will be no loyalship of viewers if there is no consideration by the network to the viewers.
dds
Posted 02/12/14 at 14:57:39

i got bored with it it was always the same thing arresting everyone until the end when they got the real criminal.it was monotonous.
denise
Posted 02/09/14 at 16:06:50

I was shocked to find out that Glades was cancelled. How can you end it like that without knowing what was going to happen. You have all those other dumb shows on that you make no sense but you cancel Glades. You keep bates motel and cancel glades. I hope you reconsider and at least bring it back to end it right
Danna
Posted 02/09/14 at 14:23:31

Sorry, I meant to say season finale...not premier. (Hits self in side of head.)
Danna
Posted 02/09/14 at 14:22:25

Totally unbelievable - that the A&E executives would cancel quality programming like The Glades, especially after the cliff-hanger season premier, and then, essentially, flip off their viewers. What sort of morons are making the calls on what shows to renew and what ones to cancel. I suppose the same sort of morons that are watching the mindless drivel that they're trying to feed us under the moniker of "reality" shows. Absolutely ridiculous.
louis
Posted 02/04/14 at 11:16:03

A&E sometime has passed and you still have outraged fans. Why wont you give the fans what they want? Make a 2 hour movie to tie up the loose ends of The Glades. I have no idea where you think you are taking the network with backing a stupid, useless show called duck dynasty. If 3.4 million people are asking for a season 5 or movie closer. Then just give it to them. Just remember those 3.4 million disappointed fans could get together and tell there tv provider's to drop a&e. As you say networks go by ratings?