Disney Channel orders more of the Zendaya-led comedy.
November 1, 2016
It was announced today that K.C. Undercover has been renewed by Disney Channel for a third season. Led by teen star Zendaya, the spy comedy has continued to be a strong performer in key kids demographics. In the series, Zendaya stars as a high school student who uses her smarts and martial arts expertise to become an international spy for a top-secret government agency.
“We’re very proud of the success of ‘K.C. Undercover’ and how popular it is across our different platforms,” Adam Bonnett, executive vice president of original programming for Disney Channels Worldwide, said in a statement. “The series will continue to deliver action sequences that push the boundaries of the multi-camera genre with the same great quality storytelling and talented cast led by the incomparable Zendaya and executive producer Rob Lotterstein.”
Production on Season 3 is slated to kick off in early 2017, with a premiere following later in the year.
11/11/16 at 03:46pm
I agree. People don't have to grow up. If they want to be doing shows aimed at 6-10 year olds and be considered child entertainers they can. So what if everyone is going to just dismiss her. That is what she wants than that is what she can have. Don't hate on her just because she is taking the roles she can get. Some people want to challenge themselves, some want to take it easy.
11/09/16 at 07:48pm
1. Zendaya can do what she wants and if she decides to "take a risk" she will have an amazing fanbase by her side. Bella Thorne is known for her relationships, not career.
2. Zendaya can be a side character, recurring, have a five second scene, or just stand there and she will STILL be successful (and paid)
3.IDC if the show was the most horrible thing anyone has ever seen, I will watch (might of fact, I'll just turn my tv to it and leave it there to make sure she gets the ratings)
4. Zendaya is not those people you listed and I really don't care about them, but thanks for your response.
11/08/16 at 06:36pm
She's barely 20 , she started this show as a teen ! She's a wonderful role model who doesn't have to do "adult stuff" which by the looks of every other former teen star is just code for slutty to be relevant
11/07/16 at 08:18am
1. Bella Thorne was on Shake it up with Zendaya. Bella Thorne wanted to do adult stuff she took a risk and went on to adult stuff. Zendaya wants to do adult stuff, but was afraid to take the risk. The analogy is apt and is still doing a kids show.
2. Spiderman is the lead in the next spiderman. The Villian is Keaton. Zendaya is a side character. Zendaya wants to do adult stuff, but was afraid to take the risk and is still doing a kids show.
3. The show is garbage made to keep kids from changing the channel. It is not quality, just fader. With so many good show available, why is this still being made?
4.You must aknowledge that most kid stars move on to more adult roles (Hathaway, Panettiere, Hewitt, Thompson) or go crazy doing the same kids stuff (Bynes, Spears, Olsen Twins, Lohan)
5. If you can like it they can hate it.
11/06/16 at 05:02am
Oh please. The fact that she wants to continue to make a show for kids is such a problem? Then to compare her to Bella Thorne who has had 13 boyfriend and a girlfriend in the past year? And race? Because she was talked about for her hair, she can't defend herself? You people are the worst. By the way she's 20 and if she wants to be on "red carpets and hang out with adults" then so be it. If K.C. Undercover was to be cancelled, she has a clothing line, will be lead in the next Spider-Man movie and will continue to be an excellent role model for young girls and boys. Score for the "spoiled brat"
11/05/16 at 10:29am
I wonder, if they would have cancelled this show would she say it was due to her race. Every time I read about this actress she claims she was treated negatively due to her race. Not everything has to do with race. Sometimes you get treated negatively because you act like a spoiled brat.
11/03/16 at 07:45pm
She has split personalities. She wants to go hang with the adults at a red carpet, but then goes and works for a kids show. She wants to act like she grew up... but then gets paid to act like she hasn't. This show is for kids. Zendaya is a children's entertainer. You know the type who has a little talent, enough for a naive kid to like, but nowhere near enough to maintain a quality career. Bella Thore moved on. Zendaya can't.
11/03/16 at 11:51am
Lol, the show is for kids so don't sit through it
11/03/16 at 08:10am
Very sorry to say but she just turned 20 and I agree with you, she is way too old to still be playing on disney channel and countinues to play as a freshmen in highschool
11/02/16 at 04:50pm
Show is excruciating for adults to sit through and she is 30. Time to move on.