The satirical comedy will return for Season 2.
August 10, 2021
HBO announced today that The White Lotus has been picked up for a second season. The good news comes ahead of the satirical comedy's anticipated freshman finale this Sunday. The show's six-episode run has garnered critical acclaim and performed well for the cable network, with its performance on streaming service HBO Max ranking #1 among all of its series.
From Mike White, The White Lotus follows the various guests who come to relax and rejuvenate at an exclusive Hawaiian resort over the course of a week. But as each day passes, a darker complexity starts to emerge in these picture-perfect travelers, the hotel's welcoming employees, and the idyllic location itself.
Season 2 will leave Hawaii behind and instead follow a different group of vacationers at another White Lotus property, where they temporarily settle in amongst the inhabitants. Look for a return sometime in 2022.
08/19/21 at 09:03am
isn't life horrible...
- I married a rich man and will never need for anything. But he's kind of an ass to others and I'm unhappy that now I don't HAVE to work and build my career.
- I'm clearly close to 60 years old and my mother died. I have to go to Hawaii to spread her ashes.
- I'm 50ish and just found out my dead father may have been gay. It's has no bearing on my current life and he's dead. But still I'm so upset over it.
- I'm 16 and am somewhat ostracized by my family. My big sister picks on me and I lost my phone.
- I'm 17 and my best friend is rich and tends to treat my like an object she owns and can control.. so I went on vacation to Hawaii with her and her family. That'll show her.
Really? This is deep, critically acclaimed, story-telling? You sure it's just not some pretentious "rich people have it bad too" writing in an effort to make the 1% SEEM worth of empathy when others are dying because there's a pandemic and they can't afford healthcare?
08/18/21 at 02:53pm
@david - agreed, but, too bad HBO won’t refund the six hours that I spent watching.
08/18/21 at 11:31am
A bunch of garbage people who can't cope with First World Problems go on vacation. No one learns anything or grows to become a better person. Then they go home.
You're welcome. I've saved you six hours of your life.
08/15/21 at 02:49pm
dunno... kind of drab overall... WANTS to be some sort of Faulty Towers but it's not even close. Sure "critically acclaimed" but I doubt viewers feel the same. Nothing really happens... just a bunch of rich people angst.
08/11/21 at 06:48am
08/10/21 at 09:35pm
In my top 10 tv shows of all time. Fantastic show !!!