The Mentalist

The Mentalist Renewed For Season 6

The drama will return for the 2013-2014 season.

March 27, 2013

CBS announced today that The Mentalist has been renewed for a sixth season. While the popular drama's ratings have slipped in recent years, it continues to draw stable viewership for the network.

Today's announcement by CBS included renewals of a large portion of their primetime line-up for the 2013-2014 season. Other dramas receiving pick-ups today include The Good Wife, Elementary, Person of Interest, and NCIS: Los Angeles. Notables still awaiting news include CSI:NY, Vegas, and Criminal Minds.

UPDATE: Season 6 of The Mentalist premieres on Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 10:00pm.

Dorothy
Posted 08/17/13 at 20:35:48

I love the Mentalist. Please keep it running. I love Jane and Robin and the entire cast. It is the only intellectual series on TV and I commend CBS and look for ward to putting that channel on. You also have Elementary and Person of Interest so you are doing something right. I think Robin loves Jane and visa versa. Jane is the perfect person to play his part and he is soooo handsome.
Bruce
Posted 07/06/13 at 15:55:49

Love the show. Great guest actors like George Wyner and David Paymer, matching Simon Baker's fine acting.
Edgar T. Brown
Posted 06/16/13 at 19:31:30

The Mentalist is one of the best shows on TV today. The only reason it has slipped in the ratings in recent years it the lousy timeslot it has been put in and especially on Sunday night.
With all the overruns on Football and Basketball it was a no show for the faithful fans which is a real disappointment when you have waited all week to watch it.
The CBS schedule team should be fired Monday and Tuesday night slots are pure gold put it back in that slot and watch the numbers fly.
marko bradić
Posted 05/30/13 at 11:39:11

keep the mentalist please
Peter Pan
Posted 05/29/13 at 23:38:20

One of the best shows on TV along with the Big Bang Theory, NCIS,Glee, Castle, Criminal Minds. The Mentalist can be another star trek if the network just keeps renewing it it will be a classic for many years to come...I have personally downloaded every episode right from the beginning and have it in my personal collection...I hope they give me at least another 4 years. This show should not end before the 10th year is completed!
June
Posted 05/23/13 at 07:48:33

Please keep the Mentalist on. It's my favorite show.
larry
Posted 05/10/13 at 19:20:51

nice going cbs
you made a great move to keep the mentalist on the air
elizabeth
Posted 05/10/13 at 19:06:41

I watch cbs exclusively just so that I can catch the mentalist, when ever you put it on--if you cancel it, I will never watch anything on your network again
Susan Bray
Posted 05/08/13 at 14:21:35

That was the season finale?! The actress Gina Giancarlo said in 2 seconds I"m Red John as she was carted off in a police car taking a suicide pill. Huh... After all this suffering that is that? I will say That Robin Tuney' face lift looks amazing.
Alexia